Inspiration for chicken and vegetables

I need to make dinner for me and a friend who has a limited palate. I have a whole cooked chicken, she only likes breast. I have a bag of mixed baby carrot, broccoli, pea pods that needs to be used. Pasta, thin noodles, barley, rice. We have never landed on a stirfry sauce that is any good. She doesn't like ginger or oyster sauce. Or I could do a pasta in parm cream I have cream that needs to be used. I have lemons. I guess I am just uninsprired. I'll start cutting the chicken breasts and see if anyone has an idea, thanks.

machristi
machristi November 7, 2013

Sautée the chicken in a little butter and olive oil. Remove chicken from skillet. Add garlic and salt & pepper. Slice veggies thinly and add to skillet.
Add 1/2 cup chicken broth to hot pan and cover to steam veggies. When veggies are tender, add chicken back in and add some fresh lemon juice. Serve over steamed rice.

nutcakes
nutcakes November 7, 2013

Well I think my stirfry or pasta dish sounds a little better. In this case the broth would just be sitting in the bottom of a bowl and run off the chicken and veg. I like the idea of adding lemon though, thanks.

nutcakes
nutcakes November 7, 2013

OK I did pasta cream parm broccoli, with LEMON. Just okay, but she got dinner after walking in the door which was the important part.