cheesecake

I know cheesecakes are sold frozen commercially, but has anyone baked a cheesecake and frozen it? Trying to make some things ahead of time for Thanksgiving.

asked by nannydeb over 4 years ago

I did not have a good experience freezing a home made cheesecake. It was very watery when it defrosted. Apple cakes freeze well. Brownies also freeze well

nannydeb

Thanks Monita! I didn't want to experiment and then have a lousy dessert for Thanksgiving. I'll just fit it in to my prep!

I freeze a half dozen cheesecakes at a time routinely with great success. Be sure it is completely cool, then double-wrap it in good plastic wrap. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. When you unwrap it, some moisture may have condensed on the surface; simply blot it up with a paper towel. And have a lovely thanksgiving.

nannydeb

Thank you Cynthia! Do you refrigerate it a day before freezing or just straight in the freezer after cooling?

Nope, once it is cooled, it can be wrapped and go straight to the freezer.

nannydeb

Thank you so much!

Most welcome. Have a wonderful holiday!