Your personal shoppers, leaving home not required. Shop gift guides »
🔕 🔔

Hi all, I made this last night for a dinner party this evening. http://www.epicurious.com... There is ALOT of grease sitting on the top of the sauce and it's not as thick as I would like it. I only cooked for 2 hours last night, looking to cook for another few hours today and I hope that will help it. Not sure what to do about the fat sitting on top. Any ideas? Should I just leave it? There is pork in there...

asked by thebreukelenlife about 6 years ago
E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I would scoop the fat off (can you put it in the refrigerator or freezer so that the fat hardens? Then you can lift it off), and then let it simmer some more to reduce it.

It seems is was meant to be rich and meaty and there is a ton of olive oil as well as pork fat. I would partially skim it. I wouldn't try to totally defat it, however. The next couple hours simmer should reduce and thicken it. Funny none of the reviews to date mention the issue.

0624510c 1686 4ede a338 3b866cf88999  sugar.board

Thanks for the tips! Very helpful and def, lowered my anxiety levels.