Hi all, I made this last night for a dinner party this evening. http://www.epicurious.com... There is ALOT of grease sitting on the top of the sauce and it's not as thick as I would like it. I only cooked for 2 hours last night, looking to cook for another few hours today and I hope that will help it. Not sure what to do about the fat sitting on top. Any ideas? Should I just leave it? There is pork in there...

drbabs December 4, 2010

I would scoop the fat off (can you put it in the refrigerator or freezer so that the fat hardens? Then you can lift it off), and then let it simmer some more to reduce it.

nutcakes
nutcakes December 4, 2010

It seems is was meant to be rich and meaty and there is a ton of olive oil as well as pork fat. I would partially skim it. I wouldn't try to totally defat it, however. The next couple hours simmer should reduce and thicken it. Funny none of the reviews to date mention the issue.

thebreukelenlife
thebreukelenlife December 5, 2010

Thanks for the tips! Very helpful and def, lowered my anxiety levels.