🔕 🔔

I'll be traveling soon and would like to take with me some fresh salmon. I thought about freezing it and then packing it in a cooler or freez

Any suggestions on which cooler/freezer bag I should use? Also, any suggestions on how to prep the fish for travel?

asked by Black Orchid over 4 years ago

I would try to avoid freezing the fish. If you can buy it close to traveling, then I would package it with ice packs in a freezer bag. Sometimes your fishmonger will provide that kind of bag

Monita is right and of course once you freeze the salmon it is no longer "fresh". How far are you traveling? And what mode of transportation? I can already picture some TSA scenarios you probably don't want to visit.