Can stuffing be prepared the day before.

• Posted by: theresa
  • November 26, 2013

Elizabeth N. November 20, 2018
Most definitely you can, but make sure it is refrigerated right away. If you are going to stuff the bird, only do it right before the turkey is to go into the oven. A tip for easy removal of stuffing from the bird: line the entire inside of turkey with cheesecloth, spoon the stuffing into the turkey liner, tying about two inches of the cheesecloth with kitchen twine. When the turkey is done, just pull the cheesecloth with stuffing out!

Elizabeth N. November 20, 2018

cratecooking November 26, 2013
Another tip, I find that covering my stuffing with buttered aluminum foil helps to keep it from sticking.

JanetFL November 26, 2013
I prepared by stuffing/dressing in a dish the day before Thanksgiving and baked it on Thanksgiving Day. I did add a little extra broth to moisten it before baking. I also prepared a mashed potato casserole the day before and baked it on Thanksgiving. Both dishes baked while the turkey rested. It worked beautifully!

amysarah November 26, 2013
Yes, as long as you're baking it in a dish, not stuffing it in the bird. Another approach - I do all the prep the day before - chop/sautee the vegetables, get the stock, toasted bread cubes, etc. ready - then it just takes a few minutes to toss it all together bake it on the actual day.

ChefJune November 26, 2013
Oh, I hope you will! It will make your Turkey Day so much more pleasant with that dish out of the way.

sdebrango November 26, 2013
I agree with creamtea, I always make my dressing the day before and bake the day of. The ingredients have a chance to really get cozy and I think it actually tastes better.

creamtea November 26, 2013
Yes, I did it last year. It was fine. You can either assemble it and finish baking on T-giving day or you can bake it the day before and warm it up before serving. It's a pleasure to have everything done and only the turkey to roast on Thanksgiving day.

Linda November 20, 2018
Does your stuffing contain some eggs?