🔕 🔔

Can stuffing be prepared the day before.

asked by theresa over 4 years ago

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

Yes, I did it last year. It was fine. You can either assemble it and finish baking on T-giving day or you can bake it the day before and warm it up before serving. It's a pleasure to have everything done and only the turkey to roast on Thanksgiving day.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I agree with creamtea, I always make my dressing the day before and bake the day of. The ingredients have a chance to really get cozy and I think it actually tastes better.

Oh, I hope you will! It will make your Turkey Day so much more pleasant with that dish out of the way.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Yes, as long as you're baking it in a dish, not stuffing it in the bird. Another approach - I do all the prep the day before - chop/sautee the vegetables, get the stock, toasted bread cubes, etc. ready - then it just takes a few minutes to toss it all together bake it on the actual day.

31cf169d f83a 458c 9946 a9a0311207c3  cumberland pass atv trip july 20 2013 019

I prepared by stuffing/dressing in a dish the day before Thanksgiving and baked it on Thanksgiving Day. I did add a little extra broth to moisten it before baking. I also prepared a mashed potato casserole the day before and baked it on Thanksgiving. Both dishes baked while the turkey rested. It worked beautifully!

1159112d e9d2 47a5 aa03 ccf4491917f1  img 9977
cratecooking

Susan is a Recipe Tester for Food52

Another tip, I find that covering my stuffing with buttered aluminum foil helps to keep it from sticking.