🔕 🔔

I have just been informed that the oven will not be available to me on Tday! How far ahead can I make my apple pies?

Should I partial cook and stick in oven for a few minutes right before dinner?

asked by AnnieHynes over 4 years ago

cratecooking
cratecooking

Susan is a Recipe Tester for Food52

You can start making your pies today, if need be! I wouldn't bother partially cooking if you won't have an oven available on Thanksgiving, cook the pie all the way through. Unless you live in a warm climate, pies can be stored at room temperature, wrapped in plastic or foil. A dairy-heavy or cream-based pie (such as French silk) should be kept in the refrigerator. What type of pies are you looking to make?

AnnieHynes

I am making the "truly scrumptious" apple pies

cratecooking
cratecooking

Susan is a Recipe Tester for Food52

Those will be just fine at room temperature. I made a Sour Cream Apple Crumb Pie this morning that I am saving for Thursday's dinner.