My pie crusts are perfect before going into the oven. I fill them pull of beans on top of parchment, and the edges sag awfully.

I am using Ina Garten's pie crust recipe. Why are the edges sagging? I'm blind baking the crusts.

2721b484 9976 4792 86c5 fc646ff8d64a  147047 my pie crusts are perfect before going into the oven.i fill them pull of beans on top of parchment and the edges sag awfully

Lindsay-Jean Hard November 27, 2013

That looks beautiful! This thread has some ideas that might help for next time: http://food52.com/hotline...

stagneskitchen
stagneskitchen November 27, 2013

Thanks a ton! This is great!

Mei Chin
Mei Chin November 27, 2013

You probably need to bake the crust a little longer before actually taking out the beans. How dark are your edges? Are they a warm brown? Or are they whiter and barely set? The crust will sag for sure if it's not baked and doesn't have enough structure.

EmilyC
EmilyC November 27, 2013

Have you tried freezing your crust for about 30 minutes before blind baking it? This + the dried beans will help prevent shrinkage of the crust.

stagneskitchen
stagneskitchen November 27, 2013

Thanks. Going to try this.