My pie crusts are perfect before going into the oven. I fill them pull of beans on top of parchment, and the edges sag awfully.

2721b484 9976 4792 86c5 fc646ff8d64a  147047 my pie crusts are perfect before going into the oven.i fill them pull of beans on top of parchment and the edges sag awfully

I am using Ina Garten's pie crust recipe. Why are the edges sagging? I'm blind baking the crusts.

asked by stagneskitchen almost 5 years ago

former Community Editor

That looks beautiful! This thread has some ideas that might help for next time: http://food52.com/hotline...

stagneskitchen

Thanks a ton! This is great!

Mei Chin

You probably need to bake the crust a little longer before actually taking out the beans. How dark are your edges? Are they a warm brown? Or are they whiter and barely set? The crust will sag for sure if it's not baked and doesn't have enough structure.

EmilyC

Have you tried freezing your crust for about 30 minutes before blind baking it? This + the dried beans will help prevent shrinkage of the crust.

stagneskitchen

Thanks. Going to try this.