🔕 🔔

Making hot pepper sauce from left over peppers from garden. Is it okay to leave the steams on? (I like the look in the jar)

I had a bunch of hot peppers left over and wanted to know if it would be okay to leave the stems on when making pepper sauce in vinegar. Anyone want to share a good recipe?

asked by BossHog001 almost 4 years ago

C960200d 452b 4479 8755 fa8c5bdc8839  146

Hi, BossHog001. Stems look elegant and keep the whole pepper together when you're talking about something like pepper in a pickle jar. However, if you're going to make a sauce, where the pepper is going to be pureed or broken down, remove the stems, which don't have a good flavor and could muddle the color. It may take a few more minutes, but will be worth it.

E8dd7e2e 6870 4cfd a3e4 679b032a99db  162

Thanks I am putting them in a pickle jar whole.