🔕 🔔

French Press recommendations?

A son-in-law has a French Press on his Christmas wish list. Would love your thoughts on brands, etc.

Pat is a trusted home cook.

asked almost 4 years ago

I've used an inexpensive Bodum for a long time. I'd recommend that brand for someone who may be trying out a French press for the first time, when there's no need to make an expensive investment. He might also need a coffee grinder to go with? I like Krups' inexpensive, basic one which works for grinding spices as well.

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

We like this one very much: Bodum 1308-16 Columbia 8-Cup Stainless-Steel Thermal Press Pot
http://amzn.com/B00005YY9X...

It comes in 2 or 3 sizes. We have the 8 cup and the 12 cup. No issue with breakage of the carafe as we have had with glass pots.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I have the Freiling 36 oz stainless and love it. It's double walled so your coffee (or tea) stays hot longer, it's well made also. I used to have glass and broke it, this is unbreakable which for me is a good thing.

Yes. Always Bodum. The best by far. And the insulated carafe is always a nice choice, if you are going for the bigger size. It really does make a nice warm cup of coffee.

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I am too in the Bodum camp... Served me for many years, and they also sell replacement glass, if anything happens to it.

F83774ec c18a 46a4 8dff 00877f15aed6  image
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Yep, I'm happy with my Bodum too.

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Thanks everyone! I went with a Bodum stainless on sale at Macy's plus an extra 25% off with a promo code. PLUS I went through ebates and will get another 6% off in a rebate check.