fudge emergency! my fudge didn't set...is there anything i can do it now except eat it out of the pan with a spoon?

ChefBourinaris
ChefBourinaris December 6, 2010

Make a cake frosting and bake some cupcakes. Start over again

Soozll
Soozll December 6, 2010

What kind of fudge is it? If it's the sugar syrup kind that has no marshmallow creme in it, and you know you cooked it to the right temp, just keep beating it. Did you use a thermometer? .

hardlikearmour December 6, 2010

How about hot fudge sauce?

betteirene
betteirene December 6, 2010

No! This is not an emergency! Never let them see you sweat. You INTENDED to make hot fudge sauce for ice cream sundaes or banana splits or brownies a la mode; to drizzle over vanilla pound cake or raspberry cheesecake; or to spread on top of eclairs or in between sugar cookies.

Store covered in the fridge--it'll last for three months. Don't worry if sugar crystals form: They will dissolve when you warm the fudge over medium-high heat, stirring vigorously all the while. If you want a thinner sauce, heat a splash of milk or cream in the saucepan first, then add a few spoonfuls of chocolate.

If you haven't done so already, you could try cooking and stirring it over medium heat until it reaches the soft ball stage (it forms a soft blob when a quarter-teaspoon is dribbled into a cup of cold tap water).