Crostinis

Doing a dinner party and looking for a trio of crostinis. Molecular gastronomy/new American would be great

asked by Noah Truwit over 4 years ago

First of all crostini is already plural (like pannini) so you don't need the extra "s". I'd stay away from molecular gastronomy unless you are comfortable around liquid nitrogen. Leave that to Willy Dufresne.
This time of year I love a chicken liver crostino with a little cognac added to it. Porcini as a spread are also good. If you don't mind hot house produce, tomato and basil with a little garlic.
If you want to go seriously New American I would suggest kimchi with rice noodles.