Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

I am making sweet chili wings and would like to know if I can freeze them for serving later.

That's chicken wings---want to make a few other yummy recipes but need to know if freezing is OK

asked by Barb about 3 years ago
4c6ea460 9217 4186 b96b 8efb72cb6e32  twitter avi

Freezing will affect the crispiness of the breading, but not the flavor. They may be passable if you reheat them in the oven on a sheet pan with a cooling rack so the hot air can move around the entire wing, hopefully breathing life back into them. However if you're planning on using the wings in another recipe -depending on the recipe- you should be okay since you'll still have the flavor, but likely not the texture.

401c5804 f611 451f a157 c693981d8eef  mad cow deux

I agree with Michael's answer. Avoid the microwave.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.