🔕 🔔

making a pasta gratin w. veggies. Recipe calls for 1/3 cup of cheddar. I only have swiss, motz, and parm. What do I use instead?

asked by JessieLK about 7 years ago

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

I'd go for a mix of Swiss and Parmesan. Mozzarella in that sort of dish tends to be annoyingly stringy and make it hard to eat. Swiss cheese in pasta is delicious.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I was going to say the same thing as Syronai! Swiss and cheddar are relatively similar in texture and a little tangy, and the parmesan will add a nice nuttiness. Mozzarella is too mild and too soft and stretchy.

8e94e86b faa9 42ae 93f9 c243369e2b3f  cakecake

agreed with the other two! love it when a plan comes together, or three heads are better than one, or some such nonsense. :)

10e51050 649e 4a85 8af7 2b896997a1c4  image rcfbkcspubjytgbefpoq lrg

Thank you!