making a pasta gratin w. veggies. Recipe calls for 1/3 cup of cheddar. I only have swiss, motz, and parm. What do I use instead?

asked by JessieLK over 7 years ago

beyondcelery

I'd go for a mix of Swiss and Parmesan. Mozzarella in that sort of dish tends to be annoyingly stringy and make it hard to eat. Swiss cheese in pasta is delicious.

I was going to say the same thing as Syronai! Swiss and cheddar are relatively similar in texture and a little tangy, and the parmesan will add a nice nuttiness. Mozzarella is too mild and too soft and stretchy.

campagnes

agreed with the other two! love it when a plan comes together, or three heads are better than one, or some such nonsense. :)

JessieLK

Thank you!