so many lemons, so little time...

I have a grocery bag full of lemons! Garden variety I think, not Meyer or anything, but very fragrant. Suggestions on storing them? Making the most of them? thanks!

asked by girlwithaknife over 4 years ago

My absolute favorite, lemon meringue pie, uses up a fair amount of lemons. If you have a large jar, you can also make preserved lemons. The most simple way is to slice the lemons almost, but not all the way, through, and place them into the jar with lots of salt, making sure to salt where you have cut the lemon open. You can add spices as well, if you like, but they are optional. Paula Wolfert’s recipe is a good guide.

Bill F

Here's a link to a great preserved lemon recipe. http://www.epicurious.com...

ZombieCupcake

Could make some potpourri with lavender

dymnyno

Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart on food52 site.

I made several half-pint jars of preserved lemons to give as Christmas gifts, using David Lebovitz's recipe. I swear by it: http://www.davidlebovitz...

Casey

A bit late with this, but for future reference.
I keep a good supply of lemon and lime wedges in my freezer to add to drinks.

LE BEC FIN

really? i had no idea they could be frozen like that; must try soon.

Casey

Yes, not as chilling as ice but doesn't dilute your drink.
Sometimes I use grapes too.
(Seedless ones are delicious eaten straight from the freezer too!)