T&T Lemon Pudding fails to set up.

I used to make this pudding all the time, it is from Lucious Lemon Desserts. But now that I don't have a gas stove and must use one of the flat electric cooktops set into the counter. that you just set your pan on and it heats quickly (the name escapes me, it's faily new GE), the pudding fails. I wrote the author and have no reply. Can you think why this is happening. I've had lemon soup all last 3 times. I'm thinking to make 30 portions for lunch tomorrrow but can't risk a fail. I'm loaded with Meyer lemons.

http://www.lorilongbotham.com/lusciouslemonrecipe.html

asked by nutcakes over 7 years ago

Hmmm....I can't figure why the induction cooktop would interfere with the thickening, as long as you are able to follow the cooking instructions.
If no one can find a solution, maybe you should make Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart instead.

TiggyBee

I think the trouble could lie in the type of eggs you are using. Are they omega 3 enriched? If so, use regular eggs and see if that fixes your problem. I had this happen to me a while back and that was the root of it.

ladywild

Another thing that could affect this is the type of milk you are using. Any chance its ultra-pasteurized or a different fat content? If I use skim milk or ultra-pasteurized in puddings, I have to up the corn starch or it stays thin.

nutcakes

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm just using regular eggs. But from different sources and I'm in another part of the state. I think I used whole milk. I may just have to try again, it is so good and the author wouldn't put the recipe out as a sample from this well reviewed book if it was prone to failure, would she? But the lemon soup is sooo disappointing.