🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Wild Maine Blueberry Jam

4a85f38a cc0d 11e5 88cd 3c15c2d2bb38  41 full

I have a question about the recipe "Wild Maine Blueberry Jam" from Merrill Stubbs. Can you use Frozen Blueberries ?

asked by Nathana over 3 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

Yes, you can -- just thaw them before you crush them.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I freeze about 50lbs each summer just so I can pull a handful out whenever I want. As Merrill says, in this case thaw first. If you were making a smoothie, just toss them in the blender still frozen. I find putting frozen blueberries in pancake batter means they do not "bleed" into the pancake you end up with great 'cakes. Likewise for a sauce, just toss in a handful and they thaw in a few seconds releasing great flavor.