A question about a recipe: Wild Maine Blueberry Jam

4a8c145e cc0d 11e5 b958 3c15c2d2bb38  42 full

I have a question about the recipe "Wild Maine Blueberry Jam" from Merrill Stubbs. Can you use Frozen Blueberries ?

asked by Nathana almost 5 years ago

Yes, you can -- just thaw them before you crush them.

bigpan

I freeze about 50lbs each summer just so I can pull a handful out whenever I want. As Merrill says, in this case thaw first. If you were making a smoothie, just toss them in the blender still frozen. I find putting frozen blueberries in pancake batter means they do not "bleed" into the pancake you end up with great 'cakes. Likewise for a sauce, just toss in a handful and they thaw in a few seconds releasing great flavor.