🔕 🔔

overcooked beans

I'm making the pork shoulder with crispy skin, Matilda, maple, and garlic for New Years dinner. I intended to serve Tuscan white beans with sage, garlic, and olive oil with it, but overcooked the white beans. My instinct is to make a bean puree with the overcooked beans and serve them with salt and olive oil with the pork. Any other ideas? Favorite ways to make pureed beans?

asked by erinbdm over 4 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I've had the same thing happen before -- I pureed the beans with lots of olive oil, and they were totally delicious! I'd maybe blanch a couple cloves of garlic and add them to the puree too.

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

I like your idea of going with a bean puree...why fight it? I love, love, love pureed beans with caramelized onions. They taste delicious together.