How do I fix this black beans and pork shoulder recipe I put too much garlic?

How can i fix this Black beans and pork shoulder recipe I put to much garlic and it's gross

asked by Lylarose almost 2 years ago

Erin McDowell
Erin McDowell

Baking consultant at large at Food52, and author of The Fearless Baker (Fall 2017)

Is there such a thing? :)

If the mixture tastes too strong, you can try adding a little bit of fat (a pat of butter, a splash of cream) to help mellow things out.

MMH
MMH

When I make chillie which turns out too strong or spicy, I add frozen sweet corn.

meathead
meathead

Author of the New York Times Best Seller “Meathead, The Science of Barbecue and Grilling” and barbecue whisperer of AmazingRibs.com.

Can you remove some of it? Are they whole cloves? Another option is to dilute it by adding more pork shoulder.

Orange zest and juice, along with a lot of chopped cilantro, including stems, might help. That's how I make the pork shoulder to eat with black beans and rice . . . . ;o)