Can I cook the yellow cakes for The Grown-up Birthday cake the night before? Here's the recipe for the cake...

asked by mosteff almost 8 years ago

You could email Midge directly, but I would think so. Just let the layers cool completely and them wrap them well.

mosteff

Great - thought so but wanted to be sure.

iuzzini

Mmm with the wine, vanilla, and olive oil, it might be one of those cakes that is better the next day. :) Let us know!

Midge

You absolutely can bake the layers the night before. Like iuzzini says, it really is better the next day or even the day after that. I hope you like it!

nutcakes

Pretty much all cake is better wrapped airtight and sat overnight.