🔕 🔔

In March I am having 31 high school students and 6 adults for breakfast at my house.

My house is not large and they have to be in-out in one hour. I don't want to serve bagels or donuts from a local shop. What can I make?

asked by Margie almost 4 years ago

Have finger food: a variety of min muffins, mini quiches ( with meat & vegetarian), pineapple chunks wrapped in bacon, fruit pieces with a yogurt-based dip, a variety of cheeses, juices or fruit punches, coffee, tea & water. If you think there will be some really hungry kids, you could add deli-style meats, cheeses, mustards, pickles & breads for those who want to make a sandwich.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Make http://food52.com/recipes.... I make this for all my large gatherings, and it is always a hit with all age groups. You can make it a day early, it is great at room temperature, you can add bacon if you choose. It is not messy to serve.

Thank you for the quiche idea it seems manageable and tasty. These are really big kids and they need to fill up that morning.

This kale quinoa recipe will definitely fill them up. Lots of flavor, lots of protein. The bacon will make it even better - just chop it up and bake it in the quiche.

Along with all the suggestions above, good granola bars are filling. Lots of good recipes on this site. Just type "granola" in the Search box and you'll find several pages of them.

I think a strata (or two) would hit all the marks for teenagers, adults... and the cook: hearty, tasty, and easy since you put it all together the night before and it benefits from an overnight marrying of flavors. Consider making one with sausage and one with vegetables (and a bit more cheese?) to satisfy meat and veg eaters. Serve a fruit salad with yogurt sauce on the side, and some muffins, juice, tea, coffee. Recipes abound. Voila!

Maybe some eggs and Lazania

Breakfast casserole with a simple fruit salad and bread on the side. It's easy and you can make one casserole w meat and one veggie to satisfy everyone. That's my go to tailgate breakfast.