A question about a recipe: Grilled Swordfish with Lemon and Caper Sauce

I have a question about the recipe "Grilled Swordfish with Lemon and Caper Sauce" from ChefJune. What kind of sides do you recommend for this dish? Salad? Grilled veggies?

LE BEC FIN
LE BEC FIN January 7, 2014

oh, i love that dish. One of the great things about it is the flexibility you have w/ your sides. I have served it with all kinds of multigrain pilafs, and couscous, cooked pinto beans with pimenton, and greens like kale and swiss chard, garlic sauteed, that can share the swordfish lemon for the necessary spark. I would not serve a salad because you already have the lemon juice/acid and oil with the swordfish, so no need to be redundant.

LE BEC FIN
LE BEC FIN January 7, 2014

ATG117
ATG117 January 7, 2014

You can go either way. A nice compromise might be Merrill's roasted carrot and avocado salad. The recipe is one of my favorites.

Bevi
Bevi January 7, 2014

This sounds excellent.

sexyLAMBCHOPx January 7, 2014

I love spinach with lemon & capers.

HalfPint January 7, 2014

I would make an olive-oil mashed potato as the side.