🔕 🔔

Can I use my regular food processor blade for coleslaw?

I inherited my food processor and I don't have a slicer or shredder attachment. Has anyone tried this? Thanks!!

asked by UhOhSarah almost 4 years ago

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

hi sarah, do you have a cheese grater w/ holes for cheddar? that's what i would use if you don't have those Cuis. discs. The regular blade will just chop the cabbage and that is not the texture you want for cole claw imo.

The steel blade you have will just mutilate the cabbage. I'd go with a box shredder or your trusty knife.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

For the amount of time it will take, and the time for clean up with a "machine", stick with a good chef's knife and slice and chop the amount you want in a few moments.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Yes, some of the copycat recipes for KFC slaw recommend it. The SO uses it and he seems to like the results--I think it turns out to watery..but then again he also use the recipe that calls for miracle whip.