Can I use my regular food processor blade for coleslaw?

I inherited my food processor and I don't have a slicer or shredder attachment. Has anyone tried this? Thanks!!

asked by UhOhSarah almost 5 years ago

LE BEC FIN

hi sarah, do you have a cheese grater w/ holes for cheddar? that's what i would use if you don't have those Cuis. discs. The regular blade will just chop the cabbage and that is not the texture you want for cole claw imo.

The steel blade you have will just mutilate the cabbage. I'd go with a box shredder or your trusty knife.

bigpan

For the amount of time it will take, and the time for clean up with a "machine", stick with a good chef's knife and slice and chop the amount you want in a few moments.

Yes, some of the copycat recipes for KFC slaw recommend it. The SO uses it and he seems to like the results--I think it turns out to watery..but then again he also use the recipe that calls for miracle whip.