I am making Ina Garten's chocolate cake the one with the coffee, and the batter is so thin...is it going to bake ok?

The batter is very thin, I know I have the right amount of flour and coco but I still worried...its a birthday cake it needs to rock!! LOL

asked by Mlc1977 over 4 years ago

ZombieCupcake

Typical of a cake that style moist with a loose crumb is usually your results

Lisi32

I make this cake all the time. The batter is very thin, but bakes into the moistest, most delicious chocolate cake. Enjoy!

Mlc1977

I just finished it, looks yummy and the few crumbs I stole taste perfect. Iced with chocolate butter cream and filled with vanilla cream cheese, my stepdaughter will love it. Thanks for the support!! I am so not a baker.

Bevi

Looks Lovely!

Looks delicious. I'm not a baker either, but would be proud to have made half as good looking cake.

Looks like you already figured it out, but my go-to chocolate cake is the one on the Hershey's Cocoa container - and it's also worryingly liquid before baking. I always think it's magic when it emerges from the oven as a solid, delicious cake.

LE BEC FIN

so not a baker? that cake is aDORable!and i love those stars.

joanne

I make this cake all the time - the batter is meant to be thinner than your average cake batter (that's thanks to the butter milk and coffee!) Don't worry, it will bake just fine!