I am making Ina Garten's chocolate cake the one with the coffee, and the batter is so thin...is it going to bake ok?

The batter is very thin, I know I have the right amount of flour and coco but I still worried...its a birthday cake it needs to rock!! LOL

• Posted by: Mlc1977
  • January 16, 2014

ZombieCupcake
ZombieCupcake January 16, 2014

Typical of a cake that style moist with a loose crumb is usually your results

Voted the Best Reply!

a Whole Foods Market Customer

ZombieCupcake is right, it will be super moist! Most good chocolate cake batters are very thin. There is one I made for the first time years ago that actually uses boiling water. That one made me sweat but what came out of the oven was awesome. Not to worry!

Lisi32
Lisi32 January 16, 2014

I make this cake all the time. The batter is very thin, but bakes into the moistest, most delicious chocolate cake. Enjoy!

Mlc1977
Mlc1977 January 16, 2014

I just finished it, looks yummy and the few crumbs I stole taste perfect. Iced with chocolate butter cream and filled with vanilla cream cheese, my stepdaughter will love it. Thanks for the support!! I am so not a baker.

Bevi
Bevi January 22, 2014

Looks Lovely!

sexyLAMBCHOPx January 16, 2014

Looks delicious. I'm not a baker either, but would be proud to have made half as good looking cake.

amysarah January 16, 2014

Looks like you already figured it out, but my go-to chocolate cake is the one on the Hershey's Cocoa container - and it's also worryingly liquid before baking. I always think it's magic when it emerges from the oven as a solid, delicious cake.

LE BEC FIN
LE BEC FIN January 16, 2014

so not a baker? that cake is aDORable!and i love those stars.

joanne
joanne January 17, 2014

I make this cake all the time - the batter is meant to be thinner than your average cake batter (that's thanks to the butter milk and coffee!) Don't worry, it will bake just fine!