mini orange chocolate bundts

I'm planning to make this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork...

I'll either be subbing yogurt or a milk/lemon juice combo for the buttermilk? Should i go for one over the other?

Also, if I'll be bringing these to a friend's a day after I bake them, when should I brush them with the simple syrup and add the ganache?

asked by ATG117 almost 5 years ago

ATG117

Well, turns out I'll be using buttermilk, so now the only question is when I should apply the syrup. Thanks.

petitbleu

I would apply the syrup several hours before serving. That way, it has plenty of time to soak in and permeate the cake and add flavor, but not so ling that it makes the cakes soggy. Sounds like a really yummy recipe.