Measuring eggs whites

I have a bunch of eggs white left over and want to make macarons. How do you measure eggs white for a recipe of you've already cracked the eggs?

asked by Madame Sel almost 5 years ago

ZombieCupcake

3 table = roughly 1 egg whites

ZombieCupcake

3 tablespoons = roughly 1 egg whites

sfmiller

I think it's closer to 2 Tbs = 1 egg white (assuming USDA large eggs). A large egg white weighs very close to 1 oz; it usually takes 7 or 8 to make a cup, in my experience.

LE BEC FIN

all the Equivalents questions are so easily answered with Google.

LE BEC FIN

p.s. egg whites freeze and defrost well.

bigpan

Consider a egg white omellete for breakfast ! Or an egg white quiche. Healthy stuff.

FoodIsLove

I would suggest weighing the white. The white of a large egg (US sizing) is about 30 grams or about one ounce so if your recipe calls for two egg whites, just weigh out 60 grams or about two ounces and you've got it. Most recipes that don't specify egg size usually use large eggs as the default.

The weight and volume of one large egg white (large eggs are presumed to be the standard in baking recipes) is equal to one ounce/tablespoon.

Okay, an edit function, PLEASE! Make that 2 tablespoons per fluid ounce. PLEASE, an edit function after how long we've been asking?!