🔕 🔔

A friend makes pizelles but has expressed a desire for a tool that will make them uniform. She has the pizelle press but says she isn't able to get them all the same size. Never having had any contact with pizelle making, I need to know if pizelle batter would be too thick to work in one of those cupcake batter dispensers that are sold. I'd like to get her one for Christmas but if it won't work, then.....................no.

asked by Fern almost 6 years ago
Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

An ice cream scoop, the old-fashioned kind with the lever on the side that is attached by gears to a metal blade that sweeps the bowl of the scooper. Go to Macy's, Target, Fred Meyer, Walmart, Meijer, K-Mart and look for OXO brand products. The scoops come in small, medium and large and are good for all kinds of portion-control applications--meatballs, melon balls, coring pear halves, dough for rolls, dough for cookies, batter for cupcakes and ice cream, too.

Those batter dispensers for pancakes and cupcakes are a waste of time, money and kitchen space.

9848bd7f 4343 4a4a 8dbc 694f97ffd18d  s538818392 1497440 3193 1

I agree with betteirene.

B1766b05 a7c4 4a29 808d 37ff6b05ba68  open uri20141105 13348 1tu7kav

Thanks so much. I know exactly what you're talking about as my mother had one of those. Grand idea!!!!

67da29df 0253 44dd 98a1 250b49e519a4  hilary sp1

like betteirene, I use a levered scoop. I use the tablespoon version. I got mine in a set of three from King Arthur Flour catalog. After the pizzelle harden, I usually cut around the design with a kitchen scissor to make the design & size uniform. Using a scoop will not make it perfectly uniform, though. I've made these cookies my whole life- and I find the batter is very temperamental and stiff. Any slight difference in the flour or moisture content, and the batter will act up on the iron when the cookies are pressed. I still get slightly different results depending on the flavor, too. Also, does your friend have a metal backed or teflon iron? I've found this makes a difference- the metal iron produces a more uniform cookie, and the batter does not squeeze out of the machine as readily. Metal has to be salted more often, but I find it more reliable.