🔕 🔔

Sugarbread?

In Holland I ate one of the most delicious breads. I think it's called Sugarbread. It's a rich loaf marbled with caramelized sugar and butter.
Has anyone had it?
Any good recipes for it out there?

asked by Superyalda almost 4 years ago

1565f479 4f6b 4904 9d5b 69a558c4c4ce  img 3032

Maybe it was Morovian sugar cake? Yeasted, made with a potato, crunchy cinnamon sugar topping? I've never seen it marbled but maybe the pastry chef in Holland took liberties. I make a version that Gourmet published in the 90s. It's in their book "Gourmet Sweets."

C8f1939e 554c 45d7 a628 333761f558df  image

Nope, that sounds good but definitely not what I'm looking for. Thanks :)

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Suikerbrood in Dutch. I've never made it myself, but here's one recipe from the Dutch tourism site http://www.holland.com...

That looks right! The recipe is lacking though. It doesn't address the swirl in the preparation but it says to put it in the loaf pan seam down. Now that I have the correct spelling (thank you for that!) I'll continue my search.