A question about a recipe: Bruschetta with Ricotta, Honey and Lemon Zest

Fc941faa f9b9 48d9 be88 bb058370e912  bruschetta with ricotta honey and lemon zest

I have a question about the recipe "Bruschetta with Ricotta, Honey and Lemon Zest" from Merrill Stubbs. Do you think this would be a good recipe to make ahead and set on the table until guests arrive? I am hosting a baby shower for 25 ladies and this sounds divine but I don't want to be out by the grill to prepare this. I'd like it ready for when they arrive. I'm worried it may be a soggy mess? Opinions?

asked by Sabine Gagnon over 4 years ago

I made the dish and it's very good, but If you put the ricotta on the grilled bread, it will get soggy fairly quickly. It might work if you substituted grilled polenta for the bread. I tried it with a 'polenta' I made from buckwheat grits and it was excellent.

Just an idea - Could you make ahead without grilling and simply baking or broil until your guest are ready?

irina

Go ahead and do that! A make your own bruschetta is a great idea.
I like sauteed artichoke hearts and cremini mushrooms. I do that ahead of time and serve room temp.
Cheers
irina

Katie Ryan O'Connor

I love the make-your-own idea! You could also set out some nice dips too, like a white bean 'hummus' that goes really well with toasts