A question about a recipe: Bruschetta with Ricotta, Honey and Lemon Zest

Fc941faa f9b9 48d9 be88 bb058370e912  bruschetta with ricotta honey and lemon zest

What's the best way to serve honey with a dish like this? I'm having a brunch and allowing people to add honey, or marmalade (just made a batch using Rachel Saunder's excellent recipe, featured here this week), or leave plain as they see fit. (I'm also making baguettes, using my newly-developed wild yeast levain. I did a test drive this morning, with phenomenal success. And of course I'll make a batch of Jennifer Perillo's outstanding Creamy Homemade Ricotta.) Anyway, I'm interested in what utensil is best for parties, i.e., easiest to use, least likely to make a big mess, etc., by guests serving themselves. Should I get one of those wooden slotted balls on a stick handle? Thanks so much, everyone. ;o)

asked about 6 years ago

davidpdx

Honey Bears! Depending on your source of supply, you could fill several with different flavors of honey.

For honey a honey dipper (circular grooves) to control the amount and mess; marmalade a teaspoon or like. If you have the time to shop there are many fine, decorative options in many price ranges.

I agree with davidpdx. Honey bears are great.

I usually just serve honey in small ramekins, or 4 oz. mason jars, with demitasse spoons, since I don't own a honey pot/spoon.

caroline_kuhn

Additionally, if you don't have spare honey bears lying around, you could get squeeze bottles from a grocery or restaurant supply store. However, I go to a grocery store that sells bulk honey and they keep honey bears there for you to fill up. If you know of someplace like that, you could see if they would sell you a few.

healthierkitchen

Even regular kitchen supply squeeze bottles could work. I recently bought a honey dipper and find that it still drips.

healthierkitchen