Last day! Take 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go grant some wishes » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

Old Candy Recipe

I need help, I am looking for an old recipe that uses condensed milk and nuts. My childhood babysitter used to make it for me weekly and she called it "Rosemary Candy" I have not been able to find anything close to it. Does anyone have any clues? Thanks!

asked by Assonta Wagner almost 3 years ago
21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

can you describe it more please- texture, shape, size, what nuts.
Did she cook it on the stove or in the oven, or was it just mixed in a bowl? what era was this- 50's, 80's? did you try looking in joy of cooking? rosemary could be the herb or a cook's name...
What part of what country were you in (might be a regional food.)
Have you tried googling " condensed milk candy with nuts"?

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

How about this one? http://cooks.com/xw4ki856

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Or this one? http://www.joyofbaking...

I think it's the first one? She made it on the stove, it is a Texas or maybe southern thing. I may try the first one. It was super creamy, with pecans . I don't remember her ever using Karo, (probably my memory) it was condensed or evaporated milk she cooked with sugar then added the nuts. I used to help her make it, but I'm sure I have forgotten steps.

6672289e 82fc 4411 99b5 dbf594fcca48  tag pic

Coconut pecan truffle
ingredients
1 stick butter, melted
1 can (14 ounce size) sweetened condensed milk
2.5 cups shredded coconut
3.5 cups finely chopped, lightly toasted pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 pounds powdered sugar
12 ounces melted chocolate for dipping

directions
(Keep in mind you can also candie the pecans first)
Stir together butter, condensed milk, coconut, nuts and vanilla. Add enough powdered sugar to form a stiff dough. (You may not need all of the sugar.) Refrigerate until well chilled, for at least one hour and preferably overnight.

Form mixture into compact balls. Chill again, or freeze, before dipping.

Skewer each ball on a toothpick and dip in melted chocolate to coat thoroughly. Place on baking parchment or waxed paper, remove toothpick, and set aside for chocolate to harden at room temperature.