🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Brown Butter Cupcake Brownies

8be2d893 e4ec 4640 ac94 9282b1e0d08a  brownie cupcakes4

I have a question about the recipe "Brown Butter Cupcake Brownies" from dashandbella. less than 5 seconds ago 5SHWPG My kids don't love nuts in sweets. Do I need the nuts here? Is there an adjustment I will need to make if I omit them?

asked by 5SHWPG almost 3 years ago

I haven't made this recipe, but for decades I omitted all nuts from baked goods because the folks I was baking for didn't want nuts in anything. I never had to make any adjustments. The pan will be a bit less full, but not so's you'd really notice. Since these are brownies, though, you might like to sub the equivalent in chopped chocolate as a "surprise."

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

exactly. if you did want to add something non-nut for texture and added flavor, you could add dried cranberries or dried blueberries,coconut,sunflower or pumpkin seeds. And if you wanted to try one of those ideas but also wanted some plain, it is very easy to halve the brownie batter, add things to one half, and spread the 2 halves side by side in the pan.The seam between them will likely stay visible but you could also stick in an upright toothpick to mark the dividing line.