🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Polenta Squares with Sun-Dried Tomato and Walnut Tapenade

9dc600a5 a47e 44f0 81f3 bec1efcce44c  food52 03 12 13 1356

I have a question about the recipe "Polenta Squares with Sun-Dried Tomato and Walnut Tapenade" from Gena Hamshaw. I love this idea. Can you suggest any other lighter toppings that would go with it (less rich)? Thanks!

asked by katrinaballerina almost 4 years ago

I am not sure what your idea of less rich is--the tomato-walnut tapenade is not at all my idea of rich. But you can use a simple tomato sauce on polenta, or top it with sauteed rapini or some other sort of greens. Polenta can adapt itself to a wide variety of toppings. Your imagination is the limit.

One of my favorite Meatless Monday dishes is Crisped Polenta Squares with Tomato Sauce and Sauteed Mushrooms. A dab of fresh ricotta or burrata is a tasty garnish.