🔕 🔔

refrigerate red velvet cake?

I am making a red velvet cake this morning to eat at dinner tonight. Do I need to refrigerate it at some point?

asked by Mommaj's over 3 years ago

You can bake the cake this morning, but don't frost it until just before dinner. The naked cake should be fine, but I think the frosting has cream cheese or something else rather perishable in it which should be refrigerated.

If you frost it in the morning, then yes.

Well, if it is cool, it will likely be fine same day, it's not thaaat perishable.

B2c12602 4168 4c06 9494 424c387ffbe6  tomato face

I agree with nutcakes, if you can keep it in a cool place, I wouldn't worry about refrigerating it. Cake that's been in the fridge is never quite the same. If it makes you nervous, pop it in the fridge, but be sure to take it out at least an hour before serving so it can warm up and be even more tasty!

I want to thank you all for responding! I appreciate it.