🔕 🔔

I have double yolk egg in a cake

I am making this cake for a friend's birthday tonight:
http://www.foodnetwork...

I only have jumbo and medium eggs so I figured on of each = 2 large BUT - my jumbo has 2 yolks. Should I only use that, go ahead and add a medium, or eat it and try another and see if I get a single yolk?

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

Personally, I'd just go ahead with your plan. It should be fine.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

We had TWO double yolk eggs for breakfast and the third jumbo was a single, added a medium, cake came out great!

B03ccb26 5124 4de1 995d d11fda1f3acb  stringio

For the US the egg sizes medium egg is defined as greater than 1.75 ounces, a large egg is defined as greater than 2 ounces and extra large as greater than 2.25 ounces - the recipe simply states 2 eggs with no size defined so I agree that adding a medium should be fine.