I have double yolk egg in a cake

I am making this cake for a friend's birthday tonight:
http://www.foodnetwork...

I only have jumbo and medium eggs so I figured on of each = 2 large BUT - my jumbo has 2 yolks. Should I only use that, go ahead and add a medium, or eat it and try another and see if I get a single yolk?

cookbookchick

Personally, I'd just go ahead with your plan. It should be fine.

We had TWO double yolk eggs for breakfast and the third jumbo was a single, added a medium, cake came out great!

Melanie Hall

For the US the egg sizes medium egg is defined as greater than 1.75 ounces, a large egg is defined as greater than 2 ounces and extra large as greater than 2.25 ounces - the recipe simply states 2 eggs with no size defined so I agree that adding a medium should be fine.