Should I refrigerate leftover olive oil cake? And can I freeze it?

I know it won't taste as good but I thought warming it in the oven or putting it under the broiler and letting it cool again before serving may help...ideas?

asked by emily almost 5 years ago

CHeeb

I have made several of our Food 52 olive oil cakes and they are fine for days on the counter unrefrigerated. Mine were unfrosted. I also have frozen partial quarters or halves of my cakes wrapped in plastic then covered in foil. They are very resilient and thaw fine for room temp or toasted leftovers.

LE BEC FIN

I agree fully w/ CHeeb. BTW, em,I cannot think of a baked item that does not freeze well.