A question about a recipe: CURRIED LENTIL HAND PIES

I have a question about the recipe "CURRIED LENTIL HAND PIES" from LE BEC FIN. Necessary to thaw the pies before baking or just put the frozen pies directly into the 400 degree oven? And how does the cooking time vary when cooking frozen versus cooking fresh?

3fd6f70b b9d4 410e bcad eb7eae798117  img 3302
Recipe question for: CURRIED LENTIL HAND PIES

LE BEC FIN
LE BEC FIN February 17, 2014

hi, sp, that is my recipe actually so i can answer this!Always bake frozen raw pies from a frozen state; never thaw a formed pie dough before baking.In my convection oven,it takes 20 min at 400 degrees for the hand pies to brown enough; and it's important that the bottom of the hand pies not be raw, so lift them and make sure the bottom is opaque and not part raw. (if raw, bake longer.) Baking them fresh is 15-20 min iirc.

also,
many recipe chefs rarely see the hotline or check the comments on their recipe pages. So when i have a question that i really need ansswered, i click on the chef's recipe and then from there i click on their name; and then on their member page, i send them an email by clicking on the envelope symbol. those emails go to them directly.

LE BEC FIN
LE BEC FIN February 17, 2014

i forgot to say that a non-convection oven often takes longer than a convection oven.