A question about a recipe: Aristotelian Rice and Peas, or the Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts

58b724ec ea1c 4687 befc 834904556993  risi e bisi

I have a question about the recipe "Aristotelian Rice and Peas, or the Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts" from Nicholas. Is it possible to make this in advance?

asked by slicknik25 over 4 years ago

Just cook it most of the way, and then let it cool to room temp, and finish it ten minutes before you want to serve it. If you cook it all the way and try to reheat it is very sloppy, in my view.

nancy essig

NO!

It is better when it is freshly made. If you reheat it, the peas lose their color and the rice becomes a bit soggy.