🔕 🔔

Re: Bouquet Garni: they sell "poultry blends" at my whole foods which are the essential herbs for a garni all in one small pack.

asked by @littlelambbooks almost 7 years ago

Well, where are you and what is the market.

Oops--where is that Whole Foods?

693453b7 7e84 4b19 b610 d1ec77bbc42d  halloween

Many chain grocery stores sell "poultry blends" in the fresh spice section (by the dill, basil, marjoram etc.) (I am in Indiana and I believe our Kroger sells them).

You know, I HAVE seen that somewhere, here in Minneapolis. Possibly at our Whole Foods. Thank you so much for the idea!

72b8c92f c97c 49cf 8fc2 4b08462521f6  me

bouguet garni is traditionally thyme, parsley, black peppercorns, bay leaves and a clove of garlic. Sometimes people tie it up in cheese cloth and others tie it between a leek that they have cut in half. The poultry blends are nice because you can get several different herbs in a bunch but generally speaking they are not a traditional bouguet garni.