🔕 🔔

What herbs go well with turnips? I have a few pounds of gorgeous, juicy small ones, with which I'm planning to make a gratin. Thank you. ;o)

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

Traditional Indian recipes pair Turnips with Nigella & Anise..that may be an option in the spice dept..

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Love, love turnips! So versatile, Herbs that go well are thyme, dill and bay leaf.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

I think they're rather stinky. Maybe because of the prep I've had them in....but they're not something I'd cook for myself. Unless I "As God as my Witness, I'll Never Go Hungry Again".

I like the the green tho.

Thyme, nutmeg and you could add some thinly sliced fennel to the gratin too!

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

Salt and pepper!