What herbs go well with turnips? I have a few pounds of gorgeous, juicy small ones, with which I'm planning to make a gratin. Thank you. ;o)

Panfusine

Traditional Indian recipes pair Turnips with Nigella & Anise..that may be an option in the spice dept..

Love, love turnips! So versatile, Herbs that go well are thyme, dill and bay leaf.

I think they're rather stinky. Maybe because of the prep I've had them in....but they're not something I'd cook for myself. Unless I "As God as my Witness, I'll Never Go Hungry Again".

I like the the green tho.

Steven,Duckworth

Thyme, nutmeg and you could add some thinly sliced fennel to the gratin too!

Bevi

Salt and pepper!