I'm worried I'm using too many herbs in the menu for a dinner party tonight! Am I?!

I'm making red snapper in foil packets with snap peas and tomatoes which I usually toss with thyme and dried oregano. I decided to also make herbed fingerling potatoes with chives, dill, and parsley. Will it be too many herbs? If so, which ones should I drop?

Voted the Best Reply!

amysarah August 18, 2012

I think you're fine. Only one I might skip is the dill, but that's not even necessary. Maybe just go less herb-y with whatever else you're serving. Summer is a time to get your fresh herb on.

pierino August 18, 2012

I agree with amysarah. But the one thing I might do differently is trade the dill out of the potatoes to replace the oregano for the snapper. Dill is a very good fish herb.

aargersi August 18, 2012

I agree with amysarah - use them all! Maybe just don't use a cup of each, but 'tis the season of the herb I I say live it up!