Just made a corned beef brine in an Emeril Lagasse non-stick 6 qt saucepan! Is that pan reactive?

I made a brine in this saucepan earlier today, letting it cool within the pan for about 8 hours at room temperature. Is a non-stick pan considered "reactive"? Should I throw out the brine?

asked by Hannah Robie over 4 years ago

Chef Lisa

You are fine. Cast iron or "bare" aluminum you would not be.

bigpan

Glass (pyrex) is the best for not transmitting any foreign flavors.

As long as there's no scratches in your non stick saucepan, its non reactive - so I've always thought!

Hannah Robie

Thank you!