How to coat ice cream with chocolate?

How would you prepare the chocolate to coat a ball of ice cream? Does not have to be a perfect hard shell. Need a recipe for the chocolate. Thanks.

barcelona

This coating is amazing http://food52.com/recipes...

Thank you, Barcelona.

Somehow I missed that in my recipe search on this site. Will do a test run. I just don't work much with ice cream.

You might want to look for recipes for Tartufo - which is essentially a ball of ice cream (usually with a cherry at its center,) enclosed in a hard chocolate shell. I don't have one unfortunately, but there must be many around.

Thanks amysarah - yes, good idea. I have to step it up for this dessert which involves people other than my family in pajamas, ice cream containers in hand and big spoons, watching TV.

Wait, no pajamas? This is a whole new concept in ice cream! Seriously, I'd be interested in hearing what you do - sounds promising!