Have printed off several recipes but I need to know the calories, etc. For example Baked Oat-by Heidi Swanson Also Mango Yogurt & Granola

Need to other things such as how many protein, sugars, etc.

asked by MarshaPresley over 4 years ago

You need to find an online nutritional calculator to find the information you're looking for, since its not offered on the recipes on this site. Many free,online.

MarshaPresley

I agree it's a good answer but this seems like the website should provide this info. on the their recipes. Or at least provide nutritional calculator. I probably won't make these & many more recipes I've selected If I have to go to ALL this TROUBLE !!

alygator

Calorie counting is not the aim of this website. It is a food community for people who love cooking, eating and sharing ideas! That said - I find many of the recipes overall healthy as there is a focus on a variety of whole, unprocessed foods. Hope you stick with us!

a Whole Foods Market Customer

I was going to reply saying that the recipes have nutrition info but I am mostly on the WFM Cooking site that is powered by Food52, and those recipes all have Nutrition Info after the recipe. Perhaps it's a widget available only on the WFM Cooking site. For example, see this recipe: http://wholefoodsmarketcooking...

Marsha, the recipes are original or family recipes offered up by individuals, home cooks like you and me; they are not necessarily the offerings of professionals or of the founders of the site. I'm not sure who it is you are requesting to provide this information.

MarshaPresley

Guess I had hoped that whoever provided the recipe could give me the info. I wanted about calorie & etc. I thoughts the recipes were made professionals & they would have info. I wanted. I use to just make & bake things without worrying
Now I want to know salt content, protein, sugar, carbs. etc. Trying to eat healthier!

MarshaPresley

I did notice that a lot of the recipes used whole ingredients & Not processed ones. Again just trying to eat healthier. That's why I asked for the info. I assumed if the cooks had the info I want they would have included it already. Just thought I'd ask what I wanted to know.

The online calculators are very easy to use, FWIW. For example:

http://nutritiondata.self...

Oh, I understand. It's a good question, just not sure how it would be implemented...