A question about a recipe: James Peterson's Baked Fish Fillets with Butter and Sherry

I have a question about the recipe "James Peterson's Baked Fish Fillets with Butter and Sherry" from Genius Recipes. What herbs would you recommend for this recipe?

pierino April 2, 2014

Tarragon or perhaps sorrel.

ChefJune April 2, 2014

My favorite herbs with white-fleshed fish are summer savory, chervil, flat leaf parsley. The fish is delicately flavored, so many of the herbs we so often reach for would overpower that delicate flavor. I choose different herbs with oily fish.

Voted the Best Reply!

amysarah April 2, 2014

I always like thyme with sherry, and it also works with white fleshed fish (e.g., in a fish chowder.) So maybe throw a few small sprigs in the pan - it will flavor the butter that's spooned over the finished fish.

sexyLAMBCHOPx April 3, 2014

I agree with the delicacy of the fish and as the recipe author states, parsley is a great idea to finish the dish.