Pavlova

How far ahead of dinner can a Pavlova be made? I hate last minute cooking for a big dinner.

asked by akrainey over 4 years ago

barcelona

You can make the meringue base the day before and just assemble it wit cream, fruit, etc just before serving

Agree with barcelona and would add that you make sure to keep the meringue in a cool place overnight

akrainey

Would the meringue get soggy if I wrap it in plastic wrap?

Better to put in in a plastic container than wrapped in plastic

butter, sugar, flowers

And if you live in a humid area like I do, toss a desiccant packet in the plastic container where you are storing the meringue. You can likely find one to borrow in a bottle of vitamins.