GUMMY MUFFINS

i don't remember muffins having gummy tops when i was growing up. seems i can't find muffins (mine or others) anymore that are dry on top. what causes that and how do i fix it?
am i the only one who's bothered by this?

asked by mcd2 over 4 years ago

CH-4500

I find store bought muffins sometimes like this, but not my own. Perhaps they are slightly undercooked or too far away from the heat. You could move them to the top rack a few minutes at the end to really make sure they won't be gummy, just careful not to overdo it.

The Lard Of Avon

I am not sure what you mean by gummy (moist?), but is it possible that the muffins you grew up with could have been overbaked & therefore dry?