🔕 🔔

GUMMY MUFFINS

i don't remember muffins having gummy tops when i was growing up. seems i can't find muffins (mine or others) anymore that are dry on top. what causes that and how do i fix it?
am i the only one who's bothered by this?

asked by mcd2 over 3 years ago

65b0eb66 5b0e 4694 9dc6 5f0a0143e4f4  image

I find store bought muffins sometimes like this, but not my own. Perhaps they are slightly undercooked or too far away from the heat. You could move them to the top rack a few minutes at the end to really make sure they won't be gummy, just careful not to overdo it.

559b7954 d7be 4065 8a51 4b2c9c58102d  lardofavon

I am not sure what you mean by gummy (moist?), but is it possible that the muffins you grew up with could have been overbaked & therefore dry?