What brand of Quinoa do you use...and most importaintly do you rinse it?

Just a heads up for the new cook or budget cook; some brands of Quinoa are not rinsed. Extremely bitter if you don't rinse it.
Vile, Nasty Stuff..in its unrinsed state.

I always rinse my quinoa. Actually let it sit in cold water for 10 minutes and then rinse. I prefer red to white, less bitter. Always rinse!

CH-4500

Not sure of my brand, usually buy in bulk, but always always rinse!!

Maya

I rinse my quinoa. Also before you cook it, it is really good to pop it in a pan with about a tablespoon of oil to crisp it. It holds shape better and it isn't bitter at all.

rosalind5

I buy Bob's Red Mill quinoa, which does not need rinsing.

savorthis

I too preferred red though after reading this article :http://www.nytimes.com... I was excited to find a quinoa grown in Colorado. It has a dark purplish color : http://www.whitemountainfarm.com/