Our NYC Holiday Market is open—this weekend only! Come see us »
🔕 🔔

My Basket ()

All questions

Does anyone know an elegant synonym for the "mixer" portion of a cocktail?

As in the counterpoint to a spirit or hard liquor

asked by Hannah Robie over 2 years ago
2 answers 1030 views
5dd58b70 52d5 415a 8478 ba9053b33e62  kenzi
Kenzi Wilbur

Kenzi is the Managing Editor of Food52.

added over 2 years ago

Often these are called modifiers -- they can be anything from citrus juice, to aperitifs, to syrups to sodas. Our cocktail columnist Erik talks a little bit about them here: http://food52.com/blog...

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120
added over 2 years ago

Maybe go French (that always makes things more elegant, don't you agree?): le mixer. ;)