🔕 🔔

burnt macaroons

oven set on 350 degrees. tops of mac are getting too brown. recipe says bake 25-30 min. what did I did wrong? eek, holidays kill me.

asked by barb48 over 3 years ago

I think 350 was too high. Check some other recipes to compare--I found one that said to bake at 325 and another that said to preheat the oven to 350 and reduce the temp to 325 when you put the macaroons in the oven.

thank you. it's a martha stewart recipe, which said 350. clearly too high.

Is it possible that your oven thermostat is not accurate? Hope the macaroons weren't a total loss.