🔕 🔔

Can you refrigerate grapefruit and not loose any of the sweetness? Thanks!

asked by cowgirlculture almost 7 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

If you are going to store for longer than several days the crisper drawer of your fridge is the best place, and shouldn't affect the taste. The grapefruit will be juicier if it is warmer, so you may want to leave a few out on the counter for more immediate eating.

81644eb1 c1bc 4b68 9853 f6adb59113c1  k

Awesome! Thank you so much.

73cd846c b69c 41fe 8f8b 7a3aa8dd3b93  desert

Being the time of year it is, if it's colder than 50F outside and you have a garage that in my experience keeps citrus juicy for a long period of time. My garage becomes an extra fridge in the fall an winter months. I keep a thermometer on the wall and it is always a nice cool temp for storing produce.

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

If they are very fresh when you first get them they will keep in the refrigerator for quite a while. I've had some for at least a month in the past, with no loss of flavor.